Wow, I cannot believe it’s been a whole week since I’ve posted! That’s crazy talk.
Life has just been so unbelievably busy, I’ve barely been able to just stop for a breath and gather my thoughts! I’ve been go-go-go without stopping for a good month now- I definitely owe that to uni starting up and actually having to study again. I’ve also been working a bit more than usual, and all this accounts for spending more money than usual on coffee, as per requiring much more caffeine than usual… you get the general point here.
Since my life is just that hectic, I really wanted to take this opportunity- this rare one hour before my next tutorial at uni- to sit down, and think about all the things coming up that I’m excited about and looking forward to, and also just set some goals for myself. I feel like I’m stuck in a bit of a crazy whirlwind at the moment, and I think regaining some direction and perspective would be really valuable for me at this point in time! So bear with me. 😉
There’s so much coming up for me in the near future, and it gets me all ecstatic and excited like a little school girl! It’s really funny, it’s always around this time of year that I swear everything is booked/organised for/happening in general… I know guys, Autumn is amazing, don’t have to tell me twice 😉 (I may or may not be an April/Autumn baby and be slightly biased)
I believe that it’s so important to always have a few things that you’re really, genuinely looking forward to, for when you’re feeling that mid-week slump and as though you’re just going through the motions and life is getting a bit, well, mundane and less-than-exciting. Always remind yourself of them when you’re feeling a bit blah.
So, here is my little list of awesome things coming up for me soon:
- My 20th birthday on the 3rd April– wow, the big 2 0… where did the last, oooh, 10 years go?! I think when I turn 20 I’ll finally feel like a “big girl”, but then again, there’s no more using the teen excuse! Dang. Regardless, love a good birthday celebration! Especially my own. 🙂
- Tom coming to Sydney over the Easter long weekend- I seriously cannot wait to see him, it’s been way too long (okay, 3 weeks, judge me all you like!) and it will be so amazing to get to spend some time with him. On the night he arrives a whole bunch of us are going out for drinks, so that will be heaps of fun. Me and him are going out for dinner to a classy restaurant on the Saturday night as an early birthday celebration, so I’m going to have to dress and act like a lady… whippin’ out the table manners. I swear I have some, honest!
- My uncles’ wedding in late April- So yeah it’s true, I’m a typical, wedding-lovin’ girl… weddings are my absolute favourite: the pretty dresses, flowers, happy families. They make me a tad mushy, not going to lie. I think there’s something even more special about them when it’s someone in your family getting married, and you get to see them so content and loved up, finally having found the person they want to spend their life with. Throwing confetti and getting dressed up is also an added bonus 😉 Seeing all my family who live interstate is always amazing as well, I miss them all like crazy!
I’m a bit of a serial goal-setter, I find they keep me motivated and on track, and remind me of all the things I’m working towards on a daily basis… especially the days where you just want to spit the dummy and throw an epic tantrum (don’t worry guys, I try not to do this… in public) 😛
So here’s a few goals that I’m setting for myself to look back on when I’m feeling a tad lost. Hopefully they’ll redming me to keep soldiering on!
- Get that elusive credit average at uni- This one’s pretty important, because at the moment I’m still mega confused about which course I want to do… stick it out in Journalism, or transfer over to Nutrition and Dietetics. If I can get the marks, then it really leaves both options open, and I can choose either way! Having choices is always 1000 times better, even if I do get accepted into Nutrition and decide hey, you know what? Journalism ain’t that evil after all. 🙂
- Get my MRI results back about my leg, and get back in the gym- I’m still waiting on my MRI results from my doc that I got done last week, just to get a final diagnosis about my leg. It’s not hurting at all at the moment, and hasn’t been since I’ve just been sticking to swimming for the last month, but at least knowing what the problem was/is will give me a bit more direction and information about when I can get my butt back to the gym- doing all my fave classes and running again. Fingers crossed!
- Get back on the cooking bandwagon- For a while, I was getting pretty damn good at cooking for myself- and even better, I was actually enjoying it! (shock horror, coming from the girl who lived off toast, tuna and eggs for the first 3 months of moving out of home). There are so, so many recipes that I’ve stockpiled and can’t wait to experiment with, so I’m definitely keen to get into that tomorrow!
- Blog about 3 times a week- Blogging is something that I’ve come to really, really enjoy, especially connecting and chatting with all you fellow bloggers out there! When I don’t make time for it, I miss it- definitely want to try for a few times a week.
- Incorporate more weight training- Since I’ve been swimming/pool running up a storm for the last month, I will admit I’ve let the weights routine fall to the wayside… I’d love to hit up the weights room again and give all the buff, grunting dudes a run for their money 😉 watch out guys!
- Spend more time with my family- I got into an awesome habit of going back home every Sunday night for a family dinner, and I loved it! But it kinda stopped as life decided, “hey, I’m going to get really insane- try keep up!” So I’d love to be able to MAKE time every week to spend quality time with the fam. I know I always feel so much happier when I do! Plus, I miss them everyday, so I’ve got to make this one a priority. A home-cooked meal (well, a good one…) once a week ain’t a bad thing either 😉 hehe. I’m kidding, it’s all about being around the people you love! Good for the soul, that’s for sure. 🙂
So that’s it for now, guys! Hmm, might be a bit ambitious, but that’s better than not setting goals at all, amIright?!
Sorry for the long, boring, very self-involved post there, I promise I’ll be back with some more fun fitness/healthy living/foodie posts soon that you’ll all love!
I’ve also got an exciting, delish recipe coming your way very soon incorporating both the chia seeds and cocao powder I was sent by Cheap Superfoods, so keep those eyes peeled 😉
Have a lovely day!
PS: I had to leave you with this brilliant pic I found, I’m sure many of you out there will agree that banana and PB sandwiches are quite possibly the best invention ever. Whoever made up this combination, I owe you- big time! 😀
And this one for all the yoga bunnies out there. Too cute.