If you’ve been keeping up with my life (that I think is so utterly exciting i blog about it, haha) you may know I’ve just moved from a single studio apartment into a 6-share apartment in my university accommodation.
I know I was having a bit of a whinge about how it was, what I called, a ghost apartment (god, how old am I; 4?!) But things are really looking up!
I’ve had the chance to meet all my housemates- except one who’s still overseas- and I must say, they’re all awesome! I definitely hit the jackpot here. I have no idea what was going on the first few days, but it seems everyone’s alive and kicking (always a good thing).
We’ve organised to have maybe a Mexican-themed dinner tonight, with the works, you know: burritos, guacamole, salsa…
And I might make a really good first impression and insist everyone wear a sombrero and moustache, and take multiple tequila shots every time someone walks into the kitchen. Yay or nay? Possibly too much?
Anyway, so that should be fun! Would be such a great tradition to do it every week 🙂
Now have I got a snack and a half for you guys!
I’ll let you in on my sad little snack sob story of late. Get comfy:
So, over the last few weeks, I’ve been getting a little bit (okay, understatement- A LOT) sick of my usual, go-to snacks of almonds, apples, bananas, yoghurt… you know, all pretty stock standard, kinda-no-fun snacks really.
So I rubbed my non-existant beard very philosophically, furrowing my brow, doing a bit of an intense, thoughtful stare into the distance (most likely at my wall)
and remembered a post I’d bookmarked from the lovely Gina’s Fitnessista blog!
Gina is something of an expert/God/hero when it comes to whipping up easy, but mind-blowingly yummy snacks.
She makes these fantastic little protein balls, that she calls ‘amazeballz’ (for obvious reasons) and pops out the recipe for us hungry readers to whip up ASAP!
During the move, I discovered that I actually owned a food processor (who knew?!) so it was fate. These amazeballs were begging to be made and the stars alined.
I roughly followed GIna’s chocolate chip amazeballs recipe, but I made some adjustments of my own too 🙂
Here’s the recipe, kids!
- 2 tbsp protein powder (I used Mushashi vanilla)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt, stevia & cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly in a food processor.
- Once mixed well, roll into 4 balls.
- I then rolled 2 of mine in shredded coconut, and 2 of them in cocoa powder.
- Note: you may need to add some more liquid sweetner/honey to the mix if you find they aren’t sticking together properly and are a bit dry. This was the mistake I made and wish I’d added a bit more!
You live and you learn, huh 😉
- Put them in a tupperware container or ziplock bag and you’ve got yourself a gorgeous little protein-packed snack, perfect for when you’re on the go!